Let’s talk about Map Alerts this week 🙂
We would like to introduce and make you aware of how to find these Alerts and how to solve them in Map Creator (MC) and Mobile Map Creator (MMC).
What are Map Alerts?
Map Alerts (MA) are situations that should be checked because of the type of data sourced by us for the map indicates that there might have been changes – for example:
- a point of interest that has been closed
- data that is not complete
- a change in the direction of travel
- new geometry
- a new roundabout
- and other cases
This analysis makes us suspect that there may be an update needed. Although this is not always the case, which is why local knowledge and your Community input is important.
1) How to view and Solve Map Alerts in MC
- In order to view Map Alerts, you must click and load the ‘Your stuff’ menu from the left hand tool bar in Map Creator, see below:
- Next, click on ‘Your Campaigns’, see below:
- Then, select the campaign listed in Your Campaigns that you would like to load, for example, EVSTATIONS CAMPAIGN UK – once selected the box will hi-light with a green side bar and you can also check hom many Alerts the campaign have and how many are resolved, see below:
- It will pop out a window with the Map Alerts List of the current campaign, to the right-hand corner like the one below:
- Then you just select the Map Alert that you want to solve and it will point out to the location like in the example below:
- There are several types of Map Alerts related to Missing, Update or Delete actions, and depending on the type the options to close the Map Alerts will be different.
We strongly recommend you to read the question mark (?) present near the button (by just hovering your mouse above the Map Alert button) because it will give you tips on the actions to do.
So, choose the proper action and close Map Alert – it will disappear from the screen.
2) How to view and Solve Map Alerts in MMC
- In order to view Map Alerts, you must click on ‘Resolve’ menu from the bottom tool bar in Mobile Map Creator, see below:
- Then, above a menu will appear, when you should select the campaign you want to see/participate in – check the image below:
- Another menu will appear with the information below. Choose the campaign and click “Done”
- Use the search menu on the right-hand top to search for a city to work in.
- Then click on the number above the question mark triangle and start solving Map Alerts.
- A menu will appear with options available. Again, there are several types of Map Alerts related to Missing, Update or Delete actions and depending on the type of options to close – Map Alerts will be different.
- In case you are solving Alerts on a “Update Place Campaign” you should use the “Edit this place” option (above the three buttons) which takes you to the details of the point of interest in order to check the correctness, to make manual changes or to check which point of interest should be deleted.
So, choose the proper action and close the Map Alert, and it will disappear from the screen.
Your WEU Community Team,
Frida-Grâce, Paolo, Francesco, Arturs, Alicja, Belén, Claire, Pedro, Georg and Eric