Let’s talk about Map Alerts this week 😃 We would like to introduce and make you aware of how to find these Alerts and how to solve them.
What are Map Alerts?
Map Alerts (MA) are situations that should be checked because the type of data sourced by us for the map indicates that there may be changes, for example:
- new geometry
- a change in the direction of travel
- a new roundabout
- a point of interest that has been closed
- data that is not complete
- and other cases
This analysis makes us suspect that there may be an update, although this is not always the case, which is why local knowledge and your Community input is important.
How to view Map Alerts
- The first thing we must do to correctly view Map Alerts (MA) is to work at an appropriate zoom level, so we recommend that you have a zoom level of 16. You can increase the zoom level until the number 16 appears in the url (web address)
- In order to view Map Alerts, you must click and load the ‘Your stuff’ menu from the left hand tool bar in Map Creator, see below:
- Next, click on ‘Your Campaigns’, see below:
- Then, select the campaign listed in Your Campaigns you would like to load, for example EVSTATIONS CAMPAIGN UK – once selected the box will hi-light with a green side bar, see below:
- When you have enabled this Map Alert campaign, you can now load the new window via the Map Alerts button under the right hand tool bar showing the Map Alerts in your area (Viewport List). If they do not exist, in the Viewport view, change to the Campaign tab and a list of active Map Alerts in your country will be displayed – these are the alerts exposed to our Community members, see below:
How to solve Map Alerts
- By following the above instructions, you will have a list of Map Alerts to be solved. Click one of the Map Alerts and you will be taken to the Map Alert on the map, and a pop up will appear showing all the details and options, see below:
- Use the user comments to see what kind of question/edit the Map Alert requires, see below:
- If you have any doubts you can always find an answer and publish your questions in the Discussion Board (link to your country Discussion Board) in Map Creator or send an e-mail to email@example.comCheck this small video tutorial to see what we described above…
Your WEU Community Team
Paolo, Francesco, Elena, Arturs, Alicja, Belén, Solène, Pierre-Yves, Ben, Claire, Pedro, Georg and Eric