Already noticed the new feature to add Safety Cameras in Map Creator?
We give you a detailed view of the new menus, such as viewing, adding, changing or deleting safety cameras.
- To view the safety cameras activate the menu in the upper bar in the right corner.
- A question will be asked if you want to enable this feature, which should answer yes.
- The safety cameras will appear on your screen with a purple color icon
- To add a new safety camera, zoom to level 18 and press the camera icon in the upper right corner or right click and select “add new safety camera”.
- A menu on the left side of your screen will open with the details to fill to add a new safety camera.
- There you can select the type of camera, the associated speed (in km / h or mph) as well as the direction in which it is applied.
- To edit an existing safety camera, simply click on the purple icon and the same menu will appear on the left of the screen.
- To delete a safety camera simply click on it and press the delete button on your keyboard.
Hopefully, this long requested functionality, will contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the Map Creator tool.
We also would like to let you know that this new functionality is for permanent safety cameras so pelase dont add time limited speeds such as outside schools. We are still in the beta phase so are really willing to retrieve your feedback in order to improve the feature.
In the Republic of Ireland it is not legallly possible to source a list of traffic light or speed cameras which means the HERE database intially has low-level covearge. With your help lets help correct that!!
Your WEU Community Team