“GAME OF MAPS”
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Here B.V. with registered office in Kennedyplein 222, 5611 ZT Eindhoven, The Netherlands (hereinafter the Promoter) is organizing this Competition called “Game of Maps”.
This Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years old or over. Employees of the Promoter, and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally connected to this Competition shall not be entitled to enter.
Participation in this Competition is free of charge and no purchase is necessary.
The Promotion will be communicated to the participants through various channels, at complete discretion of the Promoter: newsletter, the Promoter’s social media channels, Eventbrite, HERE Map Creator Discover Panel, HERE Discussion Board, HERE Blog.
These terms and conditions will be made available via a hyperlink to our blog. The hyperlink will be sent via email to all the candidates (Community users) .
Any person entering into or participating in this Competition by clicking on the link contained in the newsletter or Facebook post communicating the competition is deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Competition period
Competition is open from 00:00 [CET] on 14th May 2018 until 23:59 [CET] on 04th June 2018 and entry to the three games is valid during the following period:
- 1st game: entry is open from 00:00 on 14th May to 23:59 on 20th May 2018;
- 2nd game: entry is open from 00:00 on 21st May to 23:59 on 27th May 2018;
- 3rd game: entry is open from 00:00 on 28th May to 23:59 on 04th June 2018.
- Entry and participation
During Competition Period, once reviewed Terms & Conditions candidates have to click on the provided Map Creator hyperlink (from newsletter or any other channel) and they will be redirected to the following website: https://mapcreator.here.com/?site=uk_game-of-maps-18 hereinafter “Map Creator”, or “HERE platform”). There, participants have to create a HERE account, if they don’t already have one. Otherwise, they have to login with their credentials. Candidates will be enrolled by accessing HERE Map Creator or creating their HERE profile from the provided hyperlink only.
To enter the Competition, Participants have to obtain points by improving the quality of the HERE platform and to do so, they have to play one or more of the three games below, during the periods indicated in clause 1, as follows:
1st game: making edits in the HERE’s maps using the HERE Map Creator tool.
Participants obtain 1 point for each edit they do and save in the maps. For instance, among all the edits participants can make, they can indicate the direction of a road, its structure type, its speed limit, or add information about a shop, such as contact details, or opening hours, or even add a new restaurant or eliminate a closed one, etc.
2nd game: collecting kilometres of images via the Mapillary tool,
subscribing only via the following URL: http://here.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c82e9e9eb0d2d932db98a3cb5&id=8ccdc4f0cf&e=a2c415f58 Participants have to download the Mapillary app available for free download on the Google Play store or the Apple Store, onto their mobile device and create an account, if they don’t have one, by using the same email address used for their HERE account. Then, they have to take pictures along roads by using the Mapillary app and upload them to the Map Creator via the appropriate Mapillary app function (Upload). Total of kilometres (and fractions) covered by photos will be tracked and summed up. Each participant will gain 5 points for each kilometre.
3rd game: solving map alerts using the HERE Map Creator tool.
To see the Map Alerts: you have to activate them in the menu layers on the top right end side in the map. Some yellow pins will be placed in the maps. By clicking on them, the participants will be asked a specific request they have to solve, such as, for instance: “There may be a new street here. Please verify”. The participants who solve the map alert gain 7 points for each map alert solved.
Each participant has to edit, solve map alerts and take photos in the maps of the UK and Ireland.
All the points gained by each participant through these 3 games will be summed up and the three entrants who obtain the highest scores during Competition period will win (for further details about winners’ selection, please see clause 3).
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants, including the participant’s identity, age and place of residence, and validity of edits, and to disqualify any participant who breaches these terms and conditions or tampers with the registration process or the Promotion.
- WINNERS’ SELECTION
At the end of the Competition period, the participants will be listed in descending order of gained points. The three entrants who have obtained the highest number of points are the winners and the 10 people who rank from the 4th to the 13th place are the reserves.
In case of a tie among two or more people at the same rank and no possibility to identify the 3 winners and 10 reserves, a panel of judges will evaluate the contents received and identify the winners and reserves against the following criteria:
- Edits must be with ‘no noise’ (edits with ‘no noise’ mean edits that are relevant and useful);
- Map alerts must be properly solved as required;
- Mapillary quality of the images must be adequate, in line with the standard across the platform and taken in a seamless manner along the path. Images can be collected either by walking, bicycle, or car (with an appropriate smartphone support). Refer to Mapillary website for further details on collection.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 1st place: 1 Winner will be awarded with a trip to Berlin;
- 2nd place: 1 Winner will be awarded with an iPad;
- 3rd place: 1 Winner will be awarded with a Garmin Forerunner 35.
The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of winners, including their identity, age and place of residence, and disqualify any winner who breaches these terms and conditions.
The following prizes are available to be awarded:
- One trip to Berlin for the winner only, to be taken from June 21st to June 22nd.
The prize includes:
- Return travel from an international airport (or a train station) near to the winners’ place of residence to Berlin;
- 1-night accommodation in a room for one person in a 4-star hotel in Berlin with breakfast included;
- Two half-days stay in the HERE Berlin venue (June 21st morning and June 22nd afternoon), including hotel transfers
- A 2-hour tour around Berlin;
- 1 dinner and 2 brunches.
The prize does not include:
- Meals, unless otherwise indicated under the heading “The prize includes”;
- Transfers except where otherwise stated;
- Souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions; or
- Personal expenses.
Further prize details:
- It is the winners’ responsibility to verify that they possess valid travel documents. The winner may require (depending on the country of residence) a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize is for one person only.
- The Prize is valid only from 21st June to 22nd June 2018. The dates could be subject to reconfirmation.
- The prize is transferable prior to tickets being booked. The delegated person must be 18 years old or older at the time of the departure. Once issued, the tickets are not
- All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip.
- If any part of the prize is cancelled by the winner, no alternatives will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided;
- Specified accommodation and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered depending on availability.
- The winners must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs.
- The winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes; and
- A valid credit or debit card may be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
- The winner is responsible for the behaviour of themselves whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner from participation in any aspect of the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner acts in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others.
The participants assume all responsibilities connected to the acceptance of the Prize.
The prize is worth approximately € 1,100.
- One Apple iPad 2018 Wi-Fi 32G, worth € 400.
- One Garmin Forerunner 35 worth € 200.
- WINNERS’ NOTIFICATION
Winners will be contacted by email within 4 working days of the end of the competition and will be required to respond within 3 calendar days with all contact details requested and a copy of a valid identity document. If an entrant is unable to take the prize or fails to respond with the specified timeframe, the entrant will be disqualified and the prize being offered to a reserve. This process will be followed until reserves are available. The Promoter accepts no responsibility in the event that a winner cannot be contacted for any reason.
- PRIZE DELIVERY
The trip to Berlin is valid from June 21st to June 22nd 2018 only. The details for the trip will be sent by email to the winner.
The iPad and the Garmin forerunner will be delivered by post or courier within 30 days of winners’ confirmation of eligibility. The Promoter does not bear liability for any loss caused by incorrect or inaccurate contact details. The Promoter is entitled choose the delivery method of all prizes at its sole discretion. The Promoter is not responsible for any taxes, customs charges or other costs required for or related to receiving a prize. The Promoter will further not compensate any prize that cannot be redeemed or received by a winner due to customs or other local regulations or that is damaged, delayed or lost by postal, courier or other mail service.
Each winner is required to independently declare and pay any applicable taxes and charges that a prize gives rise to in the winner’s jurisdiction.
No prize may be claimed in cash or changed to another prize or arrangement. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, withdraw or substitute a prize for an alternative prize or arrangement.
Information to be provided pursuant to Article 13 of, Regulation (EU) 679/2016 (the General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR)
Personal data provided voluntarily will be processed, primarily using electronic methods and analysis tools, including for statistical analysis, by Here Global BV for completion of all stages relating to the competition known as “Game of Maps”. In addition, it will be processed so as to comply with administrative regulations and other general obligations imposed by current Dutch law and by EU decisions, and stored for the period of time established by these regulations. It is obligatory to provide the data requested for the aforesaid purposes, and failing to do so will make it impossible to carry out management operations relating to the competition and to comply with legal requirements.
Subject to their express consent, the winners’ data will be published via communications media, including on the internet, and in informational and promotional material in digital and paper form.
Additionally, subject to your express consent, your data will be processed by the controller for the purposes of distributing promotional and marketing information (including: sending newsletters, promotions of goods and services, vouchers, surveys and market research). This promotional contact will be made via email, telephone, text message, and by post.
Storage of data for competition management will be limited to the period required to complete its individual phases and in accordance with the provisions of the relevant legislation. Subsequently, the data will be anonymised to create statistical reports, and all identifying data will be destroyed.
Vice versa, where you have consented to promotional contact (marketing), the data will be stored in our archives for as long as it is considered that there is still an interest in the Here services about which you requested information, or following the exercise of your rights to object to processing for marketing purposes. In this case also, once the storage period has expired the data will be anonymised to produce statistics, and all identifying data will be destroyed by deleting it from our archives.
The data shall be processed by: Promosfera srl – Via G. Giusti 65/A, 21019 Somma Lombardo (VA), Italy.
The persons authorised for data processing are sales and marketing personnel, call centre staff, and IT systems and data security personnel.
Pursuant to Articles 15‑21 GDPR, by writing to the controller at their postal address or by email firstname.lastname@example.org , you may exercise your rights to consultation, modification, erasure and the right to be forgotten, the right to restriction of processing or to object to processing on legitimate grounds or for informational and promotional reasons, including via certain means of contact only (e.g.: email, landline and mobile phone, text message, by post). If not specific, the objection will be extended to all means of contact. Should you revoke your consent, which you may do at any time, it is understood that this shall not prejudice the legality of processing based on consent previously given or alternative mechanisms of consent provided by law. You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authorities to enforce your rights. Again by writing to the postal address given above or by sending an email to email@example.com , you may request a full and updated list of those responsible for data processing. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org , tel. +4930200073152 for information relating to data processing.
Lastly, you have the right to data portability, namely to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that data directly to another independent controller, so that the latter may process it within the limits you have set.
- REQUIREMENTS TO MATERIALS
a) Any materials submitted to the Competition or uploaded on the HERE platform must not contain profane language, racial or religious discrimination, violence, sexual acts, attacks on people or organizations or other indecent or inappropriate content.
b) The Promoter reserves the right to moderate, reject or disqualify any submission or material, before or after publication, which, in its sole discretion, it determines to be wrong, indecent, offensive or inappropriate or which is otherwise inconsistent with the letter and spirit of the Competition or which is potentially damaging to either the Promoter, the Promotion’s, or any third party’s image or reputation.
c) A participant shall be liable for any costs, expenses and losses incurred by the Promoter due to the participant’s breach of the requirements related to the materials should the Promoter become the subject of an allegation, claim, legal action or proceeding due to such breach of these terms and conditions.
d) All and any materials submitted to the Promotion becomes the sole property of the Promoter. The Promoter may use the materials at its own discretion in any manner without the obligation to pay remuneration for the use of the material to a participant.
- Information on how to enter forms part of these conditions. By participating, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (including indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. However, nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical problems or human error that may result in a registration, submission or entry not being received or being lost or damaged or for any destruction or alteration thereof, or unauthorized access to the website.
- The Promoter’s decisions regarding any aspect of this Competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw, vary, cancel or suspend an element of a prize if, due to circumstances outside of its control, that element is no longer available. The Promoter will not be responsible for, or liable to any winner, if all or part of a prize is not available or must be varied or cancelled for any reason. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize or an element of the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts.
- This Promotion is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel this Promotion, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions of entry, or if the entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
This Promotion shall be governed by UK law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.